f

Tuesday, May 01, 2007

May Day


This shall be a very long post...so long that I don't know where I shall start. Maybe it's coz I've been absent online for nearly 48 hours, or maybe it's just because I've been thinking a lot today. I think emo-ing can be categorized into several categories. One being the ultimate depressing kind of emo, the other a sad but melancholic kind of emo, and the third is one when you feel detached and emotionless, like what I felt today.

Morning was occupied by CO SYF rehearsal. Obviously, I'm not good enough to take part. But I'm gonna help the percussion people move their instruments on and off stage, so Bingliang told me to go. He ended up having no time to instruct us on how to move the instruments, so we ended up sitting there throughout the practice and listen to them play the SYF pieces over and over again. Interesting point to note, I'm the only J1 helping out with percussion. The rest are J3s. LOL. And there's Waiying! wow. It's been so long since I've seen her...I actually forgot why I know her and she had to remind me that she was my library senior. Now I remember! She was always with Xinyi! LOL.

I could have left an hour or two earlier actually, but since I'm having PW group discussion in the afternoon, there really was no point. So I ended up staying for the whole thing, and waited for Weizhong so that we can go to East Coast to meet up with Weiren and Wynne for PW. It was a good meeting I think. At least we came out with something that interests Ernest. LOL.

I took the bus home with Wynne afterwards. Wynne had to alight first, so I had a lot of time to think. And I thought. Back at my own actions and words for the day. And found myself very self-absorbed. Why? And I wasn't even aware of it. I realised that I didn't talk to myself aloud for the whole day today though. I did most of that inside my head. That's some achievement I can be proud of..

As I was taking the long bus journey home, the bus went on PIE and there was this long canal along PIE. Near Kallang area. And I noticed that despite being so muddy, it reflected very clearly the scenery next to it, for the entire stretch of the canal. Even more clearly than clear water would. That inspired me and I felt. Though I still can't figure exactly what and how it inspired or what I felt. I just felt inspired. It simply stayed in my head.

And I found myself loving life. Not my life, but life in general. I realize how beautiful Singapore can be. The thin stretches of "forests" along the roads, the way water flows trickle down a ditch, random wood planks on the side of the expressway, random colourful cow cutouts on random grass patches (which somehow looked greener than usual). Even the sky was beautiful (though not violet). Was a greyish dull blue with tints of yellow at the edge of the huge piece of sky. I would have called it the horizon, but then it's not. It's only MY horizon. The shadows of the treetops against the yellow was beautiful, with the occasiona rooftop peeking out of the gaps, betraying only then the fact that the majestic forest is only a thin stretch of vegetation. Honestly, I never found Singapore beautiful. But today, it really did look beautiful.

There were many more scenes encountered on my bus journey which left an impression on me, but it's simply too hard to describe all..The imagery's so beautiful, that it felt perfect, yet real. Comparably, I felt unreal. A unreal person living in a real world, enjoying real stuff, and developing unreal emotions? Which explains the detachedness maybe. It reminds me of the short film we watched during film society outing yesterday, titled Fonzi. But then, Fonzi's world was unreal along with her. That's a much sadder plight than what I experienced, should my experience somehow or other be reality.

Maybe I don't make sense. I don't make sense even to myself. But that's how I felt.

I remember dreaming of a migration to places like Australia when I was very young, and later France, then Japan, then around the world. But now I'm not so sure. Yes, I want to travel around the world, but would I bear to leave behind these familiar surroundings?

My life seems trivial compared to such real surroundings.

The bus passed by CJC and I missed Sammie for that split second. Despite having just met up with her on Sunday. And I guess I miss some people too. But somethings can't be helped, and there's no way to turn the time backwards into the past. What's done been done, and we just have to move forward. Maybe it's East Coast. Somehow, all the different parts of my life which I will remember for my entire lifetime chose to happen at East Coast. I don't mind though. East Coast is a beautiful place.

I will definitely miss East Coast if I do migrate.

I've chosen to watch these people afar. These people who I missed. But that does not belittle their significance in my life in any way. They are important people who I will always remember. Even as I hate one of them, the person is still important. (To avoid misunderstanding, I need to clarify, esp to jn if you still read my blog. this one person is NOT in RJ.)

there's so much more that i wanna talk about. i feel so mature today...that's it's rare. the constant awareness on how much childhood I've missed back in primary school subconsciously brought about my immature childish ways now. And it's difficult to go back. When I was "mature", everyone found me boring and too stern. Too depressing. And now I'm not, I'm still boring and depressing, and on top of that annoying. But today's a nice feeling. I felt mature, and not stern. but that was while I was alone on the bus, so I guess it didn't matter.

i shall sleep. it's impossible to put everything down. and i'm worn out by the intensity of activities for these two days too. maybe i should start blogging in my livejournal soon..


i really love Imaginary by Evanescence. It fit my mood totally today. the lyrics and the tune. But rock spoilt it. If only there's an acoustic version..a non-rock version..not that rock isn't nice. but it didn't fit the mood.

Labels: ,

10:57 PM

THE PRINCESS

name; melissa chan meiyi
age; 18
bdae; 210490
location; singapore

hates; hypocrites, betrayers and traitors
loves;
dr...(+)
drink :: ice lemon tea | chocolate milk | green tea | milo
colour :: orange | pink | green
anime :: bleach
manga :: ouran high school host club
books :: the day after forever by erin skiffington | the lovely bones by alice sebold
authors :: agatha christie | jane austen
music :: death cab for cutie | jay chou | muse


more;
ad...(+)

adp rgs rjc

1/1 2F 3M 4M 5P 6Q 106 206 310 410 08S05B

purple house buckle buckle-buckley

adp: it club library eng drama chinese dance swimming

rg: handbells library rjc: film society chinese orchestra japanese cultural club (once in jcc always in jcc!)

-------------

I'm a girl, who's normal most of the time, but weird otherwise. My nickname in primary school was blurqueen, which was upgraded to BBQ Bizzarely Blurqueen in Secondary 2 during Primary 6 class reunion. I have a huge variety of interests, so I end up being very poor in time management.


random;
Friends, my brother and sisters, and my computer.
I take birthdays very seriously.
I love roses.
I love the late night.
I love manga and anime.
I love my cats, (schro)dinger and newton.
I love concerts.

Me @ Twitter

follow me on Twitter

THE KINGDOM

My DeviantART
My Livejournal (more private entries than public though, and much abandoned as of now.)

My Prayer Log (private)
bleach portal
08S05B class blog!
rjc film society blog!
promediaus (sean's team)
sj tribe
youthnet online
youthnet admin

abtzy
caiqiang
candy
chaoyang
chuntsen
eugene
germ
gekmin
hanyu
ian
janice
jasmine yam
jawed
jawed's tumblr
jingxuan
jinjun
kah hou
kaiqi
kawing
lijie
liyi
lorraine
mandy
mel law
prila
qiongye
royce
sammie
sean
sengteck
shan
shuyi
sianying
stacy
suen
sky
waihan
wang
wangting
weihao
weizhong
woonie
xiu
yewei
yiding
yining
zijian
zijian(ex-blog)
zhuoyi

The Stars They Say Official Website

DISCLAIMER: these are linked here so that there's no need for my minute brain to remember so many urls. lol



THE MEMORY

recent;
Blog Attack
random sunday
figured out
ferris wheel
Shan
hiatus
Samurai warrior in kimono snow-white.
some things just can't be helped.
happy randomness
two squiggly color splashes


past;
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 November 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 August 2011 September 2011

labels;
cca
computer
design
dream
holidays
joanne
life
musing
night
poetry
quiz
random
rant
school
shop
shopping
thoughts
weekend




LATEST

Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here


THE SHOUTPOD









THE CREDITS

pic credits to bleach society & lingling
also to iPod
web-design by .copyright. ling1oo%
blogskins~ mzlingling*

CHECK OUT

 Use OpenOffice.org