f

Saturday, May 12, 2007

a day of realizations and thoughts


Today's a rather meaningful day i think...despite the fact that i didn't get any work done.

Went for ORA carnival today...This year's ORA's held rg. Took the old bus route to school....which brought back a sense of familiarity. (How i miss going to school by bus. why isn't there a bus to RJ?) I would have thought I was wearing rg pinafore..but then some of the scenery along the bus route changed and served as constant reminder that time had passed and i'm no longer in rg. Strange..I didn't really enjoy my time in rg on the whole yet I miss it. Life is strange.

Anyway, there was a traffic jam...some accident involving a car and a motorcycle I think (which is why I refuse to help dad keep the secret back when he was trying to secretly drive a motorcycle). As a result, (on top of me waking up late), i made suen waited for me at rg for nearly an hour. Sorry Suen!!! XS

The ORA's okay...i think it's getting better and better every year in fact...slight improvements every year...but the main point is that i wanted to see my juniors again. that plan kinda failed. the only juniors i saw were kweky and ilisa. but it's nice seeing them again! yay!
And it's nice spending time with suen..I realised that since i've gone to jc, i don't even get the chance to see a lot of my friends anymore. At least in sec 3 and 4, i get to see suen along the corridors or canteen almost everyday. and if i need to talk to her or tell her something or meet her up, i can just go down one storey to her classroom and find her. now it's not so simple anymore..Remember that back when it was the end of sec 2, we said we wanted to graffiti on the graffiti wall in far east when we graduate in sec 4? but then now it's painted over. graffiti walls are no longer graffiti-able. why didn't we do that?

suen left early. and i went back to school to ask mr ong about my cca records. it seems that there's gonna be some complications. but things will work out lah...no point worrying about it. haha.
and so, i walked around a bit more...strayed into the KSChee theatre...and saw...Chinese Opera! my gosh...i didn't know they were practicing. siqi and fangyan's going back to perform again..and i was last minute roped in to help out with lighting! yay! CY's gonna go back to help out with sound..the music really reminded me of the chinese opera days...maybe that's one of the reasons that made me miss rg. chinese opera and library.

after the rehearsals are over..CY started teaching me piano on the piano in the theatre. It felt so good...much better than the one in the mini-amphi. lol. but yay! i learnt fingering and i shall practice! on rj's pianos..boohoo. coz my keyboard is still spoil and i have no time to go and get it fixed. X( i think CY can be a good piano teacher! yay!
and we went around orchard for 4hrs+ trying to get a present for CY's friend. and ended up getting nothing. haha. thing is, CY's like me. the kinda person who puts a lot of thinking into getting birthday prezzies. so i can sympathize. haha. but i saw the perfect present for a very close friend. an A4 notebook which costs $36. ouch. but it's like made for her! sigh. oh well, it's a few more months away...i still got time to save. and i made the guy promise that he'll have it in stock then. not everyday that i see something this perfect. and it's really a very very very close friend.
i was telling CY...i notice that when friends get closer, they tend to spend more on each other's presents. but, as they get closer and closer, they get to a point when presents start getting cheaper and cheaper...but more meaningful. it's like, you are so close, that you don't really care about presents anymore. which explains my curry puff to sammie this year. lol. opps...am i giving excuses? but thing is, this friend of mine, who i cannot name in case she reads this...i've not given her a proper present for the past few years. so i guess $36 justifies it?
sammie, your turn will come! X) when i see the perfect prezzie...haha. XD

Thanks CY, for spending time with me today.

and i am obsessed. sigh. 17 is a fun age. but troublesome. yet i'm happy now...coz of various factors. it's difficult for one to be completely carefree at this age afterall. i'm learning to accept it. haha.

i think my relationship with my parents is getting better recently? but maybe it's becoz both my mum and i are starting to compromise on stuff...at least there has been no major disagreement for the past two weeks.
and she's starting to see the demands of my life and trying not to be too hard on me. i think. she's starting to see my way of thinking...starting to understand what i want out of my life?

Thank you Lord. and that is sincere.
no. i'm still not christian. don bother trying to figure me out.

shoots. my mum just came in to tell me that we are going to malaysia to celebrate mother's day. and that clashes with my pw group meeting. argh. maybe i can try to convince my dad to eat in singapore...yesh.

Labels: , , ,

11:45 PM

THE PRINCESS

name; melissa chan meiyi
age; 18
bdae; 210490
location; singapore

hates; hypocrites, betrayers and traitors
loves;
dr...(+)
drink :: ice lemon tea | chocolate milk | green tea | milo
colour :: orange | pink | green
anime :: bleach
manga :: ouran high school host club
books :: the day after forever by erin skiffington | the lovely bones by alice sebold
authors :: agatha christie | jane austen
music :: death cab for cutie | jay chou | muse


more;
ad...(+)

adp rgs rjc

1/1 2F 3M 4M 5P 6Q 106 206 310 410 08S05B

purple house buckle buckle-buckley

adp: it club library eng drama chinese dance swimming

rg: handbells library rjc: film society chinese orchestra japanese cultural club (once in jcc always in jcc!)

-------------

I'm a girl, who's normal most of the time, but weird otherwise. My nickname in primary school was blurqueen, which was upgraded to BBQ Bizzarely Blurqueen in Secondary 2 during Primary 6 class reunion. I have a huge variety of interests, so I end up being very poor in time management.


random;
Friends, my brother and sisters, and my computer.
I take birthdays very seriously.
I love roses.
I love the late night.
I love manga and anime.
I love my cats, (schro)dinger and newton.
I love concerts.

Me @ Twitter

follow me on Twitter

THE KINGDOM

My DeviantART
My Livejournal (more private entries than public though, and much abandoned as of now.)

My Prayer Log (private)
bleach portal
08S05B class blog!
rjc film society blog!
promediaus (sean's team)
sj tribe
youthnet online
youthnet admin

abtzy
caiqiang
candy
chaoyang
chuntsen
eugene
germ
gekmin
hanyu
ian
janice
jasmine yam
jawed
jawed's tumblr
jingxuan
jinjun
kah hou
kaiqi
kawing
lijie
liyi
lorraine
mandy
mel law
prila
qiongye
royce
sammie
sean
sengteck
shan
shuyi
sianying
stacy
suen
sky
waihan
wang
wangting
weihao
weizhong
woonie
xiu
yewei
yiding
yining
zijian
zijian(ex-blog)
zhuoyi

The Stars They Say Official Website

DISCLAIMER: these are linked here so that there's no need for my minute brain to remember so many urls. lol



THE MEMORY

recent;
escapism
GOLD + headache
Friend
not surprised
damn math
STILL HIGH
YAY
empty and stoned
emotional scars are open wounds being treated by a...
Accumulated fatigue + sense of accomplishment.


past;
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 November 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 August 2011 September 2011

labels;
cca
computer
design
dream
holidays
joanne
life
musing
night
poetry
quiz
random
rant
school
shop
shopping
thoughts
weekend




LATEST

Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here


THE SHOUTPOD









THE CREDITS

pic credits to bleach society & lingling
also to iPod
web-design by .copyright. ling1oo%
blogskins~ mzlingling*

CHECK OUT

 Use OpenOffice.org