f

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Another meme - 40 Things in 2008


I always call memes quizzes, but so many of my blog titles have the word quiz in them, I decided I shall just return them their actual name. Here's another one, simply coz post-A levels is so boring. Can't wait to start work in RG next monday! haha. Got a HR department temp position there btw. XD

1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before?

- I went overseas (Hong Kong) with friends alone! XD (and I did A levels >.<)

2. Did you keep your New Years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

Eh...yea I did, more or less. Though the degree of success varies.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

- Nope!

4. Did anyone close to you die?

- My great great grandma died.

5. What countries did you visit?

- In 2008, I only went Hong Kong and Malaysia! boo...so few countries when compared to Abtzy. LOL.

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

- More liberity to do what I want instead of what I need to do. Example, be in classes I like. Oh, a C905 handphone wouldn't hurt either haha.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory?

- 20th April.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

- Completing A levels!~ XD

9. What was your biggest failure?

- If I get all Us for A levels, then that's my biggest failure. XS

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

- Here and there?

11. What was the best thing you bought?

- Eh...I don't know..The I love Hong Kong Tshirt?

12. Whose behaviour merited celebration?

- Haoyi got rather good grades for all her subjects.

13. Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?

- I don't want to say names here.

14. Where did most of your money go?

- I don't know...

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

- Hong Kong trip...My RG temp job.

16. What song/album will always remind you of 2008?

- I think I don't listen to music enough these days..>.<

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

happier or sadder? happier
thinner or fatter? donno..
richer or poorer? poorer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of?

- Study? Erm, hang out with my sisters.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?

- I don't know...

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

- RAWR. I'm waiting for something which won't happen. But at night, sammie, ning, daniel, ben...the 6Q people are having sleepover! WHEE~ It's just either my place or sammie's bah...

21. Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?

- Different people at different stages of the year. But overall...Shuyi, Sammie, KH..Jerome maybe?

22. Did you fall in love in 2008?

- yea...sigh.

23. How many one night stands in this last year?

- NONE? DOT. DOWNRIGHT DISGUSTING.

24. What was your favourite TV program?

- Teen Titens! LOL.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?

- Not really..

26. What was the best book(s) you read?

- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, The Day After Forever by Erin Skiffington

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

- I'll just sound shallow...people seem to think my favorite pieces are boring. =( Fine, I don't know music then. =(

28. What did you want and get?

- I got an external HDD from dad..=)))

29. What did you want and not get?

- Sony Ericsson C905

30. What were your favourite films of this year?

- Wall E!!! And Dark Knight.

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

- 18....I spent my dad in school basically. It was a sad day, since something terrible happened the day before, but I managed to spend it anyway. Really grateful to Stacy, Eugene, HY and Ah Ye...oh, and Mr Neo..for celebrating it with me a day later. =)

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

- A guidebook to life. What decisions were well made, and what were wrong.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

- I think...my fashion sense just keeps changing. Now that there's no uniform anymore, I'm kinda lost. =S

34. What kept you sane?

- friends and family.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

- Tomohisa Yamashita? lol. I don't really fancy celebrities or public figures lah haha.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

- US Presidential Elections 2008!

37. Who did you miss?

- Nobody in particular...But I shall be missing lots of people in the coming year. Sigh.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

- Vanessa, Kwan, Yisheng, Benjamin, (and if you count people that I only started talking to this year..) Yezi, Jinjun

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

- Sometimes, it's better to let go than to hold on.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year?

- Damn it lah, I can't think of any. I really really need to listen more LOL.

Labels:

7:28 PM

THE PRINCESS

name; melissa chan meiyi
age; 18
bdae; 210490
location; singapore

hates; hypocrites, betrayers and traitors
loves;
dr...(+)
drink :: ice lemon tea | chocolate milk | green tea | milo
colour :: orange | pink | green
anime :: bleach
manga :: ouran high school host club
books :: the day after forever by erin skiffington | the lovely bones by alice sebold
authors :: agatha christie | jane austen
music :: death cab for cutie | jay chou | muse


more;
ad...(+)

adp rgs rjc

1/1 2F 3M 4M 5P 6Q 106 206 310 410 08S05B

purple house buckle buckle-buckley

adp: it club library eng drama chinese dance swimming

rg: handbells library rjc: film society chinese orchestra japanese cultural club (once in jcc always in jcc!)

-------------

I'm a girl, who's normal most of the time, but weird otherwise. My nickname in primary school was blurqueen, which was upgraded to BBQ Bizzarely Blurqueen in Secondary 2 during Primary 6 class reunion. I have a huge variety of interests, so I end up being very poor in time management.


random;
Friends, my brother and sisters, and my computer.
I take birthdays very seriously.
I love roses.
I love the late night.
I love manga and anime.
I love my cats, (schro)dinger and newton.
I love concerts.

Me @ Twitter

follow me on Twitter

THE KINGDOM

My DeviantART
My Livejournal (more private entries than public though, and much abandoned as of now.)

My Prayer Log (private)
bleach portal
08S05B class blog!
rjc film society blog!
promediaus (sean's team)
sj tribe
youthnet online
youthnet admin

abtzy
caiqiang
candy
chaoyang
chuntsen
eugene
germ
gekmin
hanyu
ian
janice
jasmine yam
jawed
jawed's tumblr
jingxuan
jinjun
kah hou
kaiqi
kawing
lijie
liyi
lorraine
mandy
mel law
prila
qiongye
royce
sammie
sean
sengteck
shan
shuyi
sianying
stacy
suen
sky
waihan
wang
wangting
weihao
weizhong
woonie
xiu
yewei
yiding
yining
zijian
zijian(ex-blog)
zhuoyi

The Stars They Say Official Website

DISCLAIMER: these are linked here so that there's no need for my minute brain to remember so many urls. lol



THE MEMORY

recent;
Gadgets Wishlist
Random sniplets
Hong Kong Trip Ending
Hong Kong 3rd Day Morning
Jap Club Chalet
RJC Chapter Officially Ends..
Yay! Now that life seems to slow down a bit, I'm a...
China Dustballs!
QUIZ!!!!! (the first in a long time)
Peasant Bridge and Mahjong!


past;
April 2006 May 2006 June 2006 July 2006 August 2006 September 2006 November 2006 January 2007 February 2007 March 2007 April 2007 May 2007 June 2007 July 2007 August 2007 September 2007 October 2007 November 2007 December 2007 January 2008 February 2008 March 2008 April 2008 May 2008 June 2008 July 2008 August 2008 September 2008 October 2008 November 2008 December 2008 January 2009 February 2009 March 2009 April 2009 May 2009 August 2011 September 2011

labels;
cca
computer
design
dream
holidays
joanne
life
musing
night
poetry
quiz
random
rant
school
shop
shopping
thoughts
weekend




LATEST

Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here


THE SHOUTPOD









THE CREDITS

pic credits to bleach society & lingling
also to iPod
web-design by .copyright. ling1oo%
blogskins~ mzlingling*

CHECK OUT

 Use OpenOffice.org